Friday, March 03, 2017

Day 2 Freedom: Glorious Surrender



Day 2 
Readings: Romans 4, Psalm 134
Romans 4:3 (msg)
What we read in scripture is. “Abraham entered into what God was doing for him, and that was the turning point.  He trusted God to set him right instead of trying to be right on his own.”

I think a big part of fasting is the growing awareness that God is our provision.  Freedom comes when we surrender everything and say, “Jesus, take over!”  How many times do we in our own striving to make things right, get everything wrong?  Or we get things right and yet, we feel utterly empty at the end of the process.  Maybe we think that our way is better.  Abraham needed to enter what God was doing FOR him, rather than what he was doing for God.  He needed to trust God to SET HIM RIGHT, instead of trying to be right on his own.  What a glorious surrender.

The question we’ve been asking ourselves is this: “If you could see you free, what would that look like?”

Today, ponder this with God’s truth.  As you spend time the Jesus today, bring your thoughts/thinking, emotions/feelings and ask him to speak his truth to what you may think or feel.  His ways are far better than ours, and he loves us more than what we can think or imagine.

Prayer:  Jesus, I thank you and praise you today.  How amazing is your love and faithfulness.  I lift my hands in praise to you today.  I surrender my own will and I ask Jesus that you would set me right as I trust in you.  I know you are true to your word that you will accomplish what you started in my life.  Amen

No comments: